Under sink water filters are the preferred choice of many people due to the fact that they are a discrete addition, not occupying any counter space while they do their work excellently. If you are interested in purchasing the product, make sure that you check out our comparison table below to find out what are your best options.
Top 5 Under Sink Water Filters Comparison
- 1 Top 5 Under Sink Water Filters Comparison
Under Sink Filtration Systems Reviews
One of the few systems on the market that can actually tend to eliminating chloramines, you are ensured to be drinking and using clean water which is free of any harmful contents after installing it. Its high efficiency is proof of how great it handles the task for which it is intended, this efficiency exceeding 97%. In addition to chlorine and chloramines, the system rids you of other contaminants, including heavy metals, organic chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and cysts. The resulting water tastes fresh and it does not have any traces of odors like it used to, so drinking it will be a whole new experience for you. The filtration media it utilizes include an activated carbon filter, a catalytic carbon filter, an ion-exchange filter, and absolute sub-micron mechanical filtration. It is designed in an Eco-friendly manner, through a safe process and trying to reduce plastic waste so that it does not negatively impact the environment. An aspect you will surely be enchanted by is the fact that filter replacement is as easy as snapping your fingers, so no professional guidance is needed. Furthermore, for high convenience in use, it alerts you when the filters need to be changed, thus taking guesswork and observation out of the picture. Overall, balancing what the system has to offer and the asking price it comes at, we can confidently say that this is the best product in its niche, hands down.
|Uses an activated carbon filter, a catalytic carbon filter, an ion-exchange filter, and absolute sub-micron mechanical filtration to deliver clean water|
|It announces you when the time comes to change the filters|
|Reduces up to 77 contaminants, including the dangerous and hard to get rid of chloramine|
|Easy filter replacement and system installation spares you money that you would have to had paid for a professional to step in|
Boasting an effective 3-stage filtration which ensures no contaminants will escape it, this system is your go-to solution if you care for your health and want to make sure that you will ingest nothing but clean, pure water from now on. Furthermore, it is quite reasonably priced considering what it offers, and the installation process can be performed without the help of a professional.
Common Water Pollutants and the Decay of Our Health
Our need to stay hydrated in order to survive confronts us with a harsh reality – considering how much our health is negatively influenced by the pollutants that lurk in the water we drink. There is no mystery to the fact that bottled water does more harm than good, and seeing how tap water is an even worse source of getting hydrated, it might seem like there is no solution to our problems.
Under sink water filtration systems present the ideal way to stay hydrated without endangering your health as these filters make it a point to remove unwanted and harmful contaminants, leaving behind clean and safe water for consumption. Learn more about the common pollutants that all top of the line water filters eliminate and how their presence in tap water could affect your health by reading the following lines.
- Chlorine: This chemical is all so present in our drinking water as it has the capability to disinfect it and keep dangerous bacteria, like giardia and E-coli at bay. However, exposure to chlorine on a daily basis and its regular consumption through water can take a toll on your health. If you are lucky, you will only get a rash or irritation caused by bathing in the water. In case your health is on the fritz and luck is not your strong point, you could even have cardiovascular issues or become predisposed to cancer.
- Lead: This is a dangerous and persistent contaminant that can take a toll on your health in the long run. The bad news is that it has an almost immediate negative effect on children’s health, so if you are a parent, you cannot afford to take risks and get the small one sick. The effects of lead contamination on your health include impaired hearing, damage to the central nervous system, impaired function of blood cells, and so on.
- Mercury: Poisoning with this harmful contaminant leads to unwanted health effects that include impaired speech, impaired hearing, impaired walking, muscle weakness, loss of peripheral vision, lack of coordinated movements, and so on. One of the most powerful and dangerous pollutants to reside in tap water, it must be eliminated in order to ensure your well-being.
- VOCs: VOCs or volatile organic compounds is a term applied to a broad category of chemicals, either man-made or natural. When volatile organic compounds found in drinking water reach alarming levels, your health is the first one to receive a downgrade as their toxicity exposes you to the apparition of various forms of cancer, nervous system problems, and kidney health issues.
With a maximum feed temperature of 90 degrees Fahrenheit and a system capacity rating of 600 gallons, the Aquasana AQ-5300.62 is inevitably the number one pick when it comes to under sink filtration systems. Furthermore, its list of pros does not end there as it is actually able to eliminate up to 70 different contaminants, passing the water through 3 separate filtration stages. Aside from this top quality system, another entry which blew us away with its stats and capabilities is the Pelican Water PDF-1500-PC which has a generous 1500-gallon capacity and requires filter replacement only 1-2 per year. However, if you are faced with severe problems in terms of water contamination, we recommend you opt for the APEC Essence ROES-50 or the iSpring RCC7 as both systems can remove over 1000 contaminants.